Saturday, September 22, 2007

Vista Tweaks

Yesterday around 10pm ish I decided that I wanted to delete my recovery drive since it is taking 9GB of my hard drive for no reason. So I decided I would use chacha search engine - which has search capabilities and you can also talk to a guide who will help and search for you. So I used the easiest way out which was to use the guide. The guide said that I had to uninstall everything and start over...so I said "ouch...I'll pass, thanks for your help" Then they gave me a blog that may just help. I went to the link and at first I couldn't understand what the hell it was saying. It said something about 32bit and 64 bit so I scrolled down and I see ... (Pic on the Left) Zomg!?!?! So I clicked on it and baaaaaaaammm 13 different ways to make Vista run faster and boost it's performance. This process took about 2 hours, some of them take forever. This is a pretty good forum, but I'm not too sure if their still active but any question you have is probably already answered.

After the grueling 2 hours it was about midnight ish, I saw a major boost it cut my booting time from 1:15 to approx 40secs, and shaved the shut down time from 20ses to 5 secs, pretty hax eh?

After a week or so I'll be update you on how things are going, and reviewing XP vs Vista. Something you should keep checking back on so RSS Pl0x!

Heres the link to the Hacker {Pro} site!

Edit: Yeah nvm they're pretty active =P


No comments: